Ravensblood Forest pale sun rising
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
She asks him for advice and just as he is with Chusi, Arturo struggles with how to tell another how to lead. It is something that has come naturally to him, his charisma, his perception, his ability to be decisive and firm on his standings and his decisions …they all aid him but because of this he is not sure how to translate these things into helpful hints for others, though he tries. “I’ve always found it important to listen to your subordinates,” Arturo speaks, before his salmon pink tongue draws across his jowls. “You can’t always give them what they want or tell them what they want to hear but being transparent and honest has always worked well for me.” Arturo knows he will never be able to make everyone happy and that sometimes the right decision at the moment isn’t always the right decision in the long run. “Leadership isn’t easy and I’m not sure there’s any amount of advice in the world to truly prepare you for it; just know that you will learn with time. Everybody makes mistakes but as a leader you have to always remember that what you do, what you say has the potential to affect Teaghlaigh as a whole.” And that was always a precarious line to balance upon: the weight and contemplation of choices and how each will serve to affect the pack in the long run. Arturo is a …business man, blessed with a keen ability of manipulation. Thus far, it has served him well in his life but that does not mean that he is not struck in those moments of worry knowing that neither option is favorable but that ultimately one will be better for the pack than the other.

Their conversation switched them — to which Arturo is admittedly glad for though he strives to be a mentor it is easier to have his “heirs” shadow him and show them how he approaches different situations as opposed to offering them words. But Olive is not an heir nor a child and he trusts her judgement in matters. Besides, it is not as if she cannot call for him if she is ever placed in a situation where she is unsure. Olive’s concern regarding Blackrock Depths mirrors his own. It has been some time since an emissary has been sent and though he supposed he should have been checking up on them, in all honesty, his main concern had been Lotte through the whole ordeal. He is not apologetic for it but he does feel a small measure of guilt. “I do not know but I know that Skellige was close to Donnelaith’s young queen. If she has perished in the fire I…it may mean that they have lost their Leviathan.” Arturo hadn’t been as close with Szymon as he’d been with Skellige and him and Doe had had their strange moments but he’d never been very close with her, either though Arturo suspects this is largely because of the parasite, Riptide though he could never muster the courage to ask her. He did not truly want to know what he had done as Riptide and was more than happy to put it in the past and never touch it again. “Perhaps when Lotte is well I will take the trip to check in on them.” But Lotte was his priority first and foremost.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
pale sun rising - by Olive - January 12, 2017, 10:13 AM
RE: pale sun rising - by Arturo - January 21, 2017, 06:27 AM
RE: pale sun rising - by Olive - January 21, 2017, 03:46 PM
RE: pale sun rising - by Arturo - January 30, 2017, 04:25 PM
RE: pale sun rising - by Olive - February 03, 2017, 08:43 PM
RE: pale sun rising - by Arturo - February 05, 2017, 05:32 AM
RE: pale sun rising - by Olive - February 06, 2017, 09:43 PM