The night is my companion and solitude my guide [J]
<center><small><em>avatar by java</em></small></center>
28 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
At length, she was approached by a tall, corded male with a bearing that suggested he was a hundred years old, though his scent betrayed him. He was nothing but a male in his prime, something Viatrix could appreciate, for although she had no plans of settling down any time soon and didn't view him as a potential in that regard, the DeMonte female came from a traditional family with traditional values. The male was the head of the family, should one be present. In his stead was his mate or sister, but that was often a short-lived situation.

She was put off a little by the way he assumed that she wanted to make a sales pitch to him about herself, but Viatrix didn't say anything right away. Instead, she observed for a long moment before finally saying, “It isn't prudent to undergo an interview for somewhere I'm not even certain I want to be,” with a coy little smile. “Maybe you should tell me why I should want to be here, and then I'll tell you what I can do.”

Of course, she was the standard package: a wolf who had wolf skills. She could track thanks to her wolf nose, she could hunt thanks to being a carnivore, and she could patrol and defend the borders in part because of instinct and in part because her family was well known for breeding able guardians. She needn't tell him that for Majesty to know that, because that was what all wolves should have been capable of doing. She didn't believe in supernatural things nor did she think weather-watching or playing with plants were particularly useful skills... Though luckily for Viatrix, she didn't mention it in front of the budding Naturalist.
Messages In This Thread
RE: The night is my companion and solitude my guide [J] - by ZC25 - June 07, 2014, 09:40 AM