The Sunspire Stuck in Colder Weather
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
The situation between Jace and Ferdie had been resolved as far as the creek was concerned. As far as Njal knew, they had fought and nearly destroyed one another; when Fox had given the order to finish the job - something that any wolf had the right to do in a death-match such as that - both had refused. They went against instinct, against their own leader, and it was enough to cause their banishment. Yet it seemed as if Jace did not regret anything that had transpired, and this was unsettling to the other wolf. For a youth to be that cavalier about his own life was... Well, entirely wrong. It made no sense to him.

Worse, it made him reconsider the defensive words he had spilled at the previous pack meeting. Fox must have seen this wrongness inside of Jace. The doubt he had in his young leader, however minute it had been, evaporated in those fleeting seconds of thought.

But this home they planned on making - a fact confirmed moments later by Jace himself, straight from the shadow's mouth - this home, it would put them at far greater risk than their little fight. Njal knew it, and so did the boy, whose warning settled in to the man's ears.

Still, he was not dissuaded. Jace may have been a friend and a potential asset to the creek, but he wasn't any longer. His own inability to obey his superior had seen to that.

"I pledged myself to the creek and it's leader, as did many others who joined the ranks," he stated flatly, with a direct look in to Jace's eyes; challenging perhaps, or just firmly pointing out one of Jace's many flaws. "I will do what is necessary to keep the creek, and my family, safe." With that said, his silver-streaked figure turned as if to depart; however, he kept his ears trained upon the shadow in case he decided to speak, or to approach. "Goodbye Jace."
Messages In This Thread
Stuck in Colder Weather - by Jace - June 06, 2014, 02:02 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by RIP Njal - June 07, 2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by Jace - June 07, 2014, 12:50 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by RIP Njal - June 07, 2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by Jace - June 07, 2014, 01:09 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by RIP Njal - June 07, 2014, 01:21 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by Jace - June 07, 2014, 01:34 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by RIP Njal - June 07, 2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by Jace - June 07, 2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by RIP Njal - June 07, 2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Stuck in Colder Weather - by Jace - June 07, 2014, 03:41 PM