running down to the riptide.
<font color="1E90FF">slowly drifting, drifting away;
<br><i>wave after wave,</i>
<br>wave after wave.</font>
64 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
As they walked, Surra was sure to keep his eyes up, surveying the unfamiliar land. Since Surra arrived and the two had decided to walk to allow him to add his scent to borders, they had been heading uphill, away from the shore. As they climbed, with the land slowly rising beside the cliff face to their left, the sand had given way to grass and bushes, and that to a thick forest. Now, the cliff which had been immeasurably tall, was beginning to approach the height of a single jump. Surra felt an internal twinge of curiosity, wondering if he could climb to the top of the cliff, and pick his way back to the ocean on it. He wondered what it would be like to see the land from that height... but decided that was an adventure for later on. Right now, his job was to mark borders.

A moment later a small creek running diagonally down the hill came into view. About time, too - the young male needed to replenish his fluids, as well. Surra's blue eyes turned back to Ragnar as he spoke again of the children, giving his permission for the younger male to meet them. “I feel it is fair to warn you they are very loud and obnoxious, and they may bite,” Surra chuckled again, flicking an ear back in a gesture that he didn't expect much less. "I wouldn't mind," he said through his chuckle, stepping forward to the creek.

Surra crouched down at the stream's edge, lapping the cool water. He lifted his head again when he heard Ragnar murmur, “I am sure she will like that, she is a social little thing,” Surra nodded, hearing the underlying love in the man's tone. It wasn't something he thought about often, but Surra knew in the back of his mind that in the next year or so, he wouldn't mind finding love, settling down and having children of his own. He didn't believe in forcing it, so he wasn't about to go actively seeking it, but... it was something that he wanted for himself, one day, when the time was right. "I'm assuming she still spends most of her time back at the Ridge with the children?" Surra thought he recognized her scent, faintly, in Stavanger Bay, but there hadn't been any hint that the children had yet moved. He decided that, upon his return to the Ridge, he would catch some small game as a token to bring to her and introduce himself. Then, perhaps, he might see the children there as well.
Messages In This Thread
running down to the riptide. - by Surra - June 20, 2014, 10:50 AM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Ragnar - June 20, 2014, 11:19 AM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Surra - June 20, 2014, 10:53 PM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 07:29 AM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Surra - June 21, 2014, 11:59 AM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Ragnar - June 21, 2014, 01:27 PM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Surra - June 22, 2014, 01:16 PM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Ragnar - June 22, 2014, 01:42 PM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Surra - June 23, 2014, 12:46 PM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Ragnar - June 23, 2014, 01:08 PM
RE: running down to the riptide. - by Surra - June 27, 2014, 12:33 AM