Sequoia Coast Come speak with me
24 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
I know, I'm sorry, lol. xD We're this close *pinches fingers really close together* at having what we need. Plus we'll be able to plot and stuff once we're moved and not in limbo (being in limbo kind of bothers me). xD My usually super long threads will be back and I won't care about the 'ten posts and done' once we're moved. :P Ahaha, I don't know! Ragnar (on the show) didn't suggest it because he wanted Athelstan (because he doesn't love him like that's it's definitely a brother affection) but b/c he wanted Athelstan to enjoy Lagertha. xD

“Yes,” Sköll offered her in her native tongue, the word spoken meek and timid, unsure if he had gotten it correct. ‘Yes’ and ‘no’ were kind of simple concepts and translated much easier than everything else, similar to ‘hello’ as a greeting but he was still unsure and was left with more doubt than he was confidence. The Berserker mushrooms did have bad side effects and many Vikings suffered from them for the rest of their lives as they grew dependent on it’s properties to allow them to ‘fight like demons’. They did not fear death by culture alone but the mushrooms blotted out the pain receptors and kept them going like a frightening force of nature even when they were bleeding out from a fatal wound because they didn’t feel it. In one manner: it was smart and strategic. On the other end of that, when it wore off, when they were back among their pack and family it’s side effects lingered. Addiction was only one of them. It amplified post traumatic stress in some, and in others caused them to hallucinate even without it in their systems.

Though Sköll did not voice it, out of respect for Ragnar and his wife, he suspected that even Ragnar suffered from the mushroom’s ill side effects. It was not present in the form of addiction, or post traumatic stress, but Sköll suspected with as much confidence as he knew that he drew breath, that it did or would affect the silver man in some way or another. og þakka þér fyrir að deila, líka Sköll told her with an answering smile as he watched her rise but he had settled upon his haunches and was contented to sit there and take in the land around him for a bit, maybe mark some borders so he could tell Ragnar he contributed.

Messages In This Thread
Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 21, 2014, 01:40 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 22, 2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 23, 2014, 10:57 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 23, 2014, 12:51 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 23, 2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 23, 2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 23, 2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 23, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 25, 2014, 11:01 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Skköll - June 25, 2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Come speak with me - by Thistle Cloud - June 25, 2014, 11:39 AM