The Heartwood color me in gold
when you're dead, there will be no grave to remember your name
146 Posts
Ooc — Mary
elkajdsf i will be much more prompt with this wow i am sorry
It would have been ideal if Lucy had been able to respond with her sister’s own name. It would have shed a warm happiness on her life; something so rare and fleeting that she scarcely knew what it meant anymore. The thought that she could have been close to this slate-coated woman was astounding. It rattled her; it fastened her to the earth with such force and power that she feared she would never be uprooted from the spot where she stood. How sweet it would have felt to approach the other Blackthorn and drink in the scent of family. It would have been even humorous for the two girls to share that Liffey had found a way into Rannoch’s heart and that they were building a family. Lucy could have recounted tale after tale to the grey sister and they would have found a moment of irony in all of the heartache.

Unfortunately, it was not way things had been intended to unfold. When Liffey spilled her name, the dark girl’s eyes narrowed, and her ears flattened to her crown. Even the fur along her neck and spine began to bristle, but only because this entirely unfamiliar figure knew her. “Yeah… Lucy,” she echoed with a clipping of her tone and a tight lump that had lodged against the back of her throat. “What are you called?” It was – perhaps – a strange question to follow up with after meeting her sister for the first time that she could recall. Still, the ghoul did not know quite how she was intended to follow such a difficult outing of information.
much to my surprise when I opened up my eyes all the sheep had turned to wolves
they were standing there with their fangs all bared and it seemed I was the fool
Messages In This Thread
color me in gold - by Lucy - February 24, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 09, 2018, 05:26 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 12:39 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 10, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 11, 2018, 09:26 AM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 12, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 13, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 13, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:37 AM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - April 23, 2018, 11:43 AM