Blacktail Deer Plateau dust to dust
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He could tell that it was hard for her to eat but appreciated the fact that she did all the same. She needed the strength, now more than ever, and he needed to feel as though he were doing something to help. She continued to feel guilty for her part in the search, and while Dante didn't see the logic, he knew that she did. There probably wasn't anything he could say to make her feel better but he had to try all the same.

"You could have done no different. Do you think Peregrine would have been happier to have you hide it from him, bottle it up until it destroyed you? Maybe right now it might seem that way, but eventually the pain will become bearable. It will always be there, yes, but at least this way you all share it. Because there is no way you could have kept such a thing from him, and finding out later would have been so much worse." Dante touched her cheek with his nose. "Honesty was one of the kindest things you could give him. Eventually you will both see that." Perhaps Peregrine already did.

"And I will keep looking with you. As will many of the others, I'm sure. As long as there is hope we will." Peregrine might be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt but some of them could hold onto hope for him. Perhaps she was still out there. As long as there was a chance, they would cling to it.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Messages In This Thread
dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 04, 2014, 06:20 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 04, 2014, 06:32 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 05, 2014, 09:02 AM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 05, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 06, 2014, 08:44 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 08, 2014, 09:20 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 09, 2014, 02:32 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 14, 2014, 09:54 PM
RE: dust to dust - by Blue Willow - July 17, 2014, 07:25 AM
RE: dust to dust - by Dante RIP - July 20, 2014, 05:18 PM