a gift from the heavens
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]Hopefully this does not cause a divorce lol....[/size]

Thistle stared at him and then she got angry and she spoke sharper than she meant too. She was tired of him constantly shooting down anytime she had anything nice to say unless it was about his looks; nothing else she could say was good. He got all up in arms about it and started correcting her like a child. Yes she was young, yes she was younger than him, but she was not a child. Ragnar Loðbrók you listen to me and you listen good you stubborn, heathen feral man right now. I can tell you are getting irritated and clearly it bothers you that I say nice things about you as do many others. However, I know very well that you are savage and mean and possessive and jealous and angry and temperamental and that you have killed for nothing more than a small dalliance in a quiet forest. I know this and you know what I accept it, when I say something good about you I would appreciate it if you didn’t shoot it down every time. Because frankly husband whether you want to admit it or not you do have some redeeming qualities that you make up for all those terrible ones you have. I am not a fool, and I am not some star struck lover, I know you are scary and I know I should fear you sometimes. And I know you have no off switch for your ambition, but I would like to hope that perhaps our son’s have just enough of me in them, that they aren’t like that, and you know what Ragnar if they do turn out like you, they could do much worse. They could be mindless killers or rapists or something much worse. They could torture just because they get their rocks off doing so, so I think you need to get your head out of your ass and stop demeaning yourself because you think you are this terrible wolf and you don’t like anyone to think any good thoughts. Ragnar frankly you could be the meanest, nastiest jarl around and your followers would still find something they like about you, it comes with power so get over it.

She had moved while she ranted to stand in front of him, her smaller body tense and her expression fierce. He was fast becoming a ticking time bomb, and she felt like poking the bear. He needed to not bottle stuff up so much, it was not good. Eventually it would spill over and he’d kill someone or hurt someone for something small and silly. And if he went after her, well she’d give it right back. She tilted her head and glared at him, waiting for him to yell or walk away, and if he did it would hurt, but well she was not some shy little girl that just sat around and took her lumps and let him go unchecked. Every once in a while he needed a reality check and she’d be the one to give it to him, after all it was her right as his wife. Though she wondered if maybe this time she had pushed too far.
Messages In This Thread
a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 05, 2014, 05:32 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 05, 2014, 08:30 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 06, 2014, 07:23 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 06, 2014, 07:54 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 07, 2014, 07:23 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 07, 2014, 02:34 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 08, 2014, 07:12 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 08, 2014, 07:15 PM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 09, 2014, 06:30 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Thistle Cloud - July 09, 2014, 10:56 AM
RE: a gift from the heavens - by Ragnar - July 09, 2014, 11:40 AM