pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Vectra and Meldresi; he could remember those names easily enough. Mordecai listened as the two subordinates gave him their input, and it took it into consideration. Both of them had good points and he nodded thoughtfully. “I counted at least five heads. Two does and three fawns,” he told them, recalling the view from his vantage point. “I suppose there could be one or two more, give or take, but I don't think it's likely. The does are fairly alert and I think it's safe to say that they know that they're trying to catch a break on the edge of our territory.” No doubt that when they saw this trio coming toward them, they'd make haste to steer clear of them.

As for picking and choosing what they went after and left alone, Mordecai was torn a bit. He would have liked to take down whatever they could, but it was also wise to leave some of them be. Ouroboros would do no good in later weeks if they successfully took out their local game, and he didn't like the idea of carting a carcass back long distance. “If we can spook the does into running, it might be easier to try and take one of them down if we gang up on it. The fawns are definitely the easier targets though. Even if we don't take one of the does down right away, leaving them with an injury just means we can track it down later.” A bleeding ungulate was a lot easier to come back after later, if it didn't go traipsing into the jaws of another waiting predator.

He shrugged then. “We should probably set up out from the borders a little bit though. I'm sure they've picked up on the fact that I called for others, so they'll probably be waiting for us to come from this direction.” He turned slightly, suggesting that they start heading that way. They could formulate the rest of the plan that way, and put it into action hopefully.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Mordecai - July 13, 2014, 01:33 AM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 13, 2014, 02:23 PM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 13, 2014, 10:21 PM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Mordecai - July 14, 2014, 02:49 AM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 15, 2014, 11:40 AM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 16, 2014, 11:31 AM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 21, 2014, 07:39 AM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 22, 2014, 05:08 PM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 27, 2014, 09:08 AM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Vectra - July 30, 2014, 08:42 AM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Meldresi - August 07, 2014, 02:47 PM
RE: pull the pulse out a soldier and bolt - by Mordecai - September 03, 2014, 02:18 AM