Swiftcurrent Creek wrecking ball {joining}
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara normally would have been much more observant of the other female, the way her feathers ruffled at the mention of her brother's name, the way her body relaxed when the dark wolf whispered brother. Kas would have been amused by it, actually, but for now it simply slipped past her, especially when Scimitar arrived, inspecting her as if she were a naughty runaway pup. In some respects, she was. She felt every bit that child he had scolded once for running into a bear's den without even thinking about it. Luckily, the bears had vacated it earlier that week, so nobody was hurt, but man had he been mad.

"Scim, I'm an idiot," she whined, closing her eyes and propping her head against his shoulder, drawing any strength she could from him. When the female asked if she'd been chased, Kas lifted and shook her head. "No, I didn't let it get that far." She sighed, turning back toward Scimitar, and decided to just tell the entire truth, right then and there, come what may. "I let my exhaustion and hunger out-rule my good sense. I said something I shouldn't have to my alpha, in front of a whole bunch of wolves, something that should have been said in private, and I got my ass handed to me." She meant that figuratively, since there wasn't a scratch on her, though she felt as battered and bruised as her soul was.

"We have been looking for Osprey Junior, the daughter of Blacktail Deer Plateau's alpha male, who disappeared a week ago. They found her body, I guess... I didn't stop to examine it." Kas felt the tears beginning to well in her eyes, the terrible hot sear of pain build in her chest. "My rude mouth decided to blame the alpha female, who isn't her mother, but is still her guardian since Peregrine, the father, is hurt. I.. I feel so stupid Scim. I know I shouldn't have said any of it, even if it's true. I just.." The tears came now and her voice cracked. Kaskara wasn't normally one to cry, but she was exhausted, ashamed, and terrified that she wouldn't have anywhere to call home, and that she'd have to return to her father, tail between her legs, the burning shame of the entire Gladius family.
Messages In This Thread
wrecking ball {joining} - by Kaskara - July 06, 2014, 10:10 PM
RE: wrecking ball {j · see inside} - by Bazi - July 08, 2014, 04:37 PM
RE: wrecking ball {j · see inside} - by Kaskara - July 08, 2014, 10:52 PM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Scimitar - July 09, 2014, 05:29 AM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Bazi - July 10, 2014, 01:07 PM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Kaskara - July 14, 2014, 03:06 PM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Scimitar - July 17, 2014, 02:12 PM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Bazi - July 18, 2014, 04:29 PM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Kaskara - July 20, 2014, 11:31 AM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Scimitar - July 27, 2014, 10:41 AM
RE: wrecking ball {joining} - by Bazi - July 27, 2014, 11:01 AM