Blacktail Deer Plateau Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Hello (: Thanks for joining! Also, I hope it is alright I assumed that since Finley is new to the pack, she doesn't carry their scent as strongly as the other members yet. If it's not, just let me know and I'll fix my post!

The other wolf’s arrival was quick and unexpected and certainly not something Kaihra was used to and so her muscles locked until she stood rigid and her paw no longer kneaded the grassy ground. She flicked her ear to the side and darted her gaze toward the she-wolf so she could scrutinize just who had approached her - gray fur, delicate build, tattered ear, stance non-aggressive, eye contact diverted - Calm yourself. Kaihra flicked her eyes away from the wolf, who clearly carried the scent of the pack, amongst other things. She’s a packmate.

Kaihra pulled her ears back and kept her tail steady and low. She had been doing well avoiding her packmates. She had kept herself so vigilant, had skirted every scent and had made scarce whenever she had gotten too close to one just like she had learned to do through all her moons alone - She’s a packmate. The thought echoed in her mind and reminded Kaihra that these wolves she had been avoiding were her packmates and that made them her allies. Allies. She hadn’t heard that word in a long time. Kaihra allowed her muscles to relax as she made note that this wolf was showing signs of only friendliness and respect. Packmates. Right. This would take some time to get used to.

Gorgeous, eh? The words of the she-wolf still rang in her ears, and it took a moment before Kaihra fully registered what she had said. It took another yet to determine whether this wolf was trying to make small talk in hopes of further conversation or if her question was more rhetorical than anything else. Kaihra looked again to the distant horizon and searched it, but the memories it had conjured had since vanished like the misting rain. The land was but land, the sky but sky, and the scent carried on the breeze was but that of fresh rain. Kaihra felt her gaze grow wary as a part of her wished to feel those memories again. ”I suppose one could call it that.” Another burst of wind washed over the wolves and the scent of the she-wolf rose to her again. Kaihra kept her eyes fixed on the skyline, but squared the remainder of her senses fully on the she-wolf who sat beside her, ruffling her fur to shake herself back into the present. ”The pack’s scent is not very strong on you. How long have you been in these lands?”
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 10, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 13, 2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 14, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 18, 2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 21, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 21, 2014, 04:30 PM