Blacktail Deer Plateau Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra took the few moments that the grey wolf spoke to shoot another scanning glance her way, just to quiet her persistent mind and remind it that there was nothing in the she-wolf's posture that would remotely hint at hostility. Indeed, the she-wolf held herself in what appeared to be genuine friendliness, and this held the same for her scent. And Kaihra knew she could not be betrayed by both her sense of sight and smell at the same time… right? You’re being ridiculous. Kaihra bit her tongue and stopped her ears from pressing further against her head at the thought.

It was true, after all, that she was being ridiculous. There was no immediate evidence supporting her fears, and based on her unbiased observation alone, Kaihra could only assume that this she-wolf had approached her with only good intentions in mind.

But even the logic of unbiased observations wouldn't stop her from being careful.

”A few suns is not very long.” Kaihra chose her words with care, just like she had learned back home in the unforgiving North. ”I have been here one.” She paused. Should she say more? Her mother’s chide to just be quiet, pup resonated in her mind and it frustrated her that she couldn't shake it. Back home, those strangers had been dangerous. But this wolf did not appear dangerous at all. Kaihra stopped her paw from kneading the ground before it could begin again and willed her ears to lift from their flattened position. If she had joined a pack just to live like a lone wolf among them, why did she join them at all? ”I would like to know your name, if you are comfortable in giving it.”
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 10, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 13, 2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 14, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 18, 2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 21, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 21, 2014, 04:30 PM