The Sunspire the country way
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
For @Summer only, please!

She had been amongst the wolves of the Sunspire almost as long as she had been with the wolves of Swiftcurrent Creek, but this little clearing felt much less like home. Although she had isolated herself from her pack mates as a member of the creek, it was different here. Here, she had no choice. She could not come and go as she pleased; she could not meet the wolves that held her captive on her own terms. They were always coming and going, always urging her to eat, always picking at her. In any other situation, Magpie would have been rejuvenated by the company... but this, it seemed to her, was all negative.

If anything good could come of this, it was that she was growing closer to Leaf. Even if they didn't converse much, and even if Magpie avoided her as much as she could in the small space, the yearling was becoming familiar. The juvenile was learning her quirks and behaviors. In a strange way, their silent relationship was a comfort. Even when Leaf was dozing, as she was now, Magpie found a comfort in her presence. If she had been captured all alone, she would have cracked long ago.

There wasn't much else to do but sleep, anyway, and the little black-and-white wolf was about ready to join her fellow captive when a sparkle caught her green eyes. Curiosity took hold, and any wave of drowsiness was suddenly replaced with alertness. Her body crouch, and she stalked the glinting object like she might a fawn; only when she was moderately certain that the thing couldn't hurt her did the girl pounce, attempting to capture it between her forepaws.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
the country way - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 07:14 PM
RE: the country way - by Summer Ostrega - July 23, 2014, 07:52 PM
RE: the country way - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 10:16 PM
RE: the country way - by Summer Ostrega - July 24, 2014, 08:22 AM
RE: the country way - by OG Magpie - January 22, 2015, 03:42 PM