Swiftcurrent Creek the knot
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Magpie was quiet — well, she always was, but this time she was focused attentively upon the other as she spoke. Her youth meant she was inherently open-minded and imaginative, but the words that spilled forth from the red female seemed to resonate with the teenager. Having grown up as a traveller, Magpie knew all to well of the pull that Leaf spoke of. Despite herself, the juvenile's tail began to twitch happily upon the ground behind her. When Leaf had finished, the little black wolf — caught up in her internal excitement, no doubt — questioned softly, nearly under her breath, "Corvidae?"

Could it be true that this stranger was of the same breed? After all, others of Magpie's kin had broken off from her mother's caravan to form their own. For all the youth knew, Leaf could have been a cousin. After a moment of consideration, the teenager spoke again. Her voice was as quiet as before — a light cough might have covered the sound — but her tone carried a conviction and certainty that could not be doubted: "Ancestors."

As their conversation continued, the other speaking at length and Magpie speaking in fragments, it became clear to the youth that they were not cut from the same cloth. When she could take no more of the interaction, her mistrust and nerves growing too great, the oddly colored child politely dismissed herself and the two went their separate ways.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
the knot - by Leaf - July 10, 2014, 09:16 AM
RE: the knot - by OG Magpie - July 11, 2014, 12:50 PM
RE: the knot - by Leaf - July 11, 2014, 03:39 PM
RE: the knot - by OG Magpie - July 16, 2014, 02:27 PM
RE: the knot - by Leaf - July 16, 2014, 04:33 PM
RE: the knot - by OG Magpie - July 17, 2014, 12:10 PM
RE: the knot - by Leaf - July 18, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: the knot - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 07:35 PM