The Sunspire the country way
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
The object between her paws was smooth, hard and cold — it was clearly something nonliving, and as she lifted her paws to take a closer look, Magpie saw that she had caught a black, glassy rock. Still, it had been fun to sort of hunt, given that there wasn't a whole lot she could do in the clearing that was her new home. Besides, it was pretty to look at; she decided to keep it. It was then that she heard the footfalls of another, and her ears swiveled to catch the noise. It was probably Ferdie again, or the girl her age that kept wanting to heal her, and Magpie opted to ignore them both until she had no choice but to respond. The routine was getting old.

But moments later, a different wolf stood before her, and Magpie's green eyes moved from the rock between her paws to his face. A burst of giggles escaped her before she could stop it — he looked so silly with a mouth filled with pinecone, she couldn't help it — but her stoic expression returned as soon as she was able to rein it in. Truthfully, she hadn't thought much of the juvenile since her capture. They had locked eyes for only a moment before the rest of his pack had closed in on her, and her panic did not afford her the capacity to truly evaluate him.

Like the others, he had come to check in on her here and there, but he had always stood in the shadow of a chaperone. While her feelings towards the rest of her captors were bitter and hate-filled, towards him she only felt neutral. He had defended her, once, from the gawking and mocking of an older male, and she didn't know whether to like him or be angry at him for it. And though it had only been a moment, she had seen the apology in his eyes, even through her panic and through the chaos of the night that she had been captured. That meant something, though she didn't know what.

She peered around for whoever might be attending the clearing with him, but Magpie saw no one. Her gaze returned to him, curious about his intentions, particularly how they related to the pine cone he carried.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
the country way - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 07:14 PM
RE: the country way - by Summer Ostrega - July 23, 2014, 07:52 PM
RE: the country way - by OG Magpie - July 23, 2014, 10:16 PM
RE: the country way - by Summer Ostrega - July 24, 2014, 08:22 AM
RE: the country way - by OG Magpie - January 22, 2015, 03:42 PM