i want your full attention, starling
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
A tension that had built in his approach eased when Lecter invited him to settle. Mordecai hadn't been aware of it until that point, but was relieved that it passed as he joined Lecter fully. Once he had reclined to the earth beneath him, he did not need to explain why he was there, and perhaps on a certain level he was thankful for that too. Mordecai had no words to explain, let alone describe what felt like indescriable emotions in light of everything. Where he had been hoping for Lecter to alleviate some of that worries he had, the shaman only validated them, and the icy glow of his eyes did much to instill their grim grasp. It was enough to send a chill through him. It was all he needed and didn't want to know.

A heavy sigh left him, the chill replaced by a moment's overwhelming touch of sorrow. Where Mordecai had been reluctant to make any outstanding connections to any of his previous homes (barring his birthplace), he had settled well within Ouroboros. He had grown fond of its inhabitants, and especially of Jinx. Ouroboros worried for its life, and those worries were every bit apart of self-preservation. But self-preservation alone would not be enough to sustain them, he feared. “What can we do?” he asked, finally. His gaze had turned from his feet to meet the icy glow of his superior once more. “What can I do?” He asked honestly, because he wanted the direction, the purpose. Not just an inkling of what needed to be done, not a litany of habits to follow. His attachment to their home had grown strong in his stay, and the tawny Ostrega was willing to do what it took to keep them together and safe.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
i want your full attention, starling - by Lecter - July 23, 2014, 11:10 AM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Mordecai - July 23, 2014, 12:39 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Lecter - July 24, 2014, 03:41 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Mordecai - July 25, 2014, 12:40 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Lecter - July 26, 2014, 12:45 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Mordecai - July 26, 2014, 01:03 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Lecter - July 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Mordecai - July 28, 2014, 06:28 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Lecter - July 30, 2014, 11:24 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Mordecai - July 31, 2014, 02:38 AM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Lecter - August 04, 2014, 01:02 PM
RE: i want your full attention, starling - by Mordecai - September 01, 2014, 11:41 PM