Verdant Basin the stray
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
He smiled gently when she complimented his name. "Thanks. It's actually Finbar Finchley. But my family gave me the name 'Fluke' because they thought I was lucky." In reality, the nickname had come from a series of events which had ended up in Fluke's favour- but his brothers and family hadn't believed that he was actually capable of performing whatever task he'd done, and brushed it all off on chance, rather than capability. He, though, preferred to think it was a compliment, and took to his nickname proudly. He was about to ask her what her name was when she asked a question that made him brighten up considerably. 

"Right?!" He asked loudly, and then laughed, a full, round belly laugh. "I asked Wifi the same thing when I met her! She's the alpha. I thought they were like...Cardinals, or that there were actually real, firey birds around," He said, and gave her a fond grin. He liked this girl- he liked anyone who asked the same questions he did. "It's the name of the pack Wifi runs; sort of like a sister-pack to the Redhawks, who live over on the plateau. Except the redhawks really do have a tame redhawk," He said, fawning audibly over what he considered to be Towhee's pet hawk. "I think they were a bit crowded over there, so a bunch of them split off to live in the woods, but still close by." He said. He gestured. "I could show you, if you'd like? Maybe we'll see a cardinal while we're there," He teased, hoping she'd join him for the walk.
Messages In This Thread
the stray - by Lucy - January 05, 2019, 05:12 PM
RE: the stray - by Finbar - January 05, 2019, 06:27 PM
RE: the stray - by Lucy - January 06, 2019, 07:36 PM
RE: the stray - by Finbar - January 06, 2019, 08:28 PM
RE: the stray - by Lucy - January 08, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: the stray - by Finbar - January 08, 2019, 03:53 PM