Horizon Ridge Patience you must have, my young padawan
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
of course :D I couldn't wait

First the familiar bark and Embry snapped into reality. His steady gaze traced the horizon with what unrestrained eagerness he permit to capture his features. The suspense was painful for the wolf of the sea, who himself had only ever felt such emotion for gatherings.

He shifted in an uncharacteristically antsy way, fidgeting like the boy he used to be — the boy with family that judged, watched, and chided. Throughout his mind there paraded a silent prayer; a prayer that he might have learned from his youth. A prayer that he make out of this enigmatic boy the wolf he was destined never to be.

And when he spotted that hooded warrior, he visibly grew in height and demeanor. There had been a palpable change in the darkling: he seemed leaner and, perhaps only because the lack of injuries, sleeker, as well. Embry stood immediately and dipped his head in greeting, not dropping his gaze albeit retaining the beam of pride beneath. He hoped he had developed somewhat himself. Training along the shore had been, although primarily a device to quell his eager nerves, somewhat beneficial to his muscular tone. 

He padded forward as though to touch shoulders and he naturally played the part well. However, when he neared his companion he made a very subtle shift in his pawsteps that aligned his hips for the lurking movement. Within seconds, he had tackled the newcomer. And not only did he intend to stun the stripling, but he had also planned for the trajectory to lead them directly toward a nearby tide pool.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - January 26, 2019, 04:53 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 02, 2019, 01:17 AM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 02, 2019, 06:59 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 03, 2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 03, 2019, 11:19 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 05, 2019, 08:08 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 05, 2019, 09:04 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 12, 2019, 07:02 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 12, 2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 13, 2019, 08:23 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 13, 2019, 11:32 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Illidan - February 28, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - February 28, 2019, 04:33 PM
RE: Patience you must have, my young padawan - by Embry - March 03, 2019, 11:03 PM