Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry listened intently, and when she laughed he almost felt that he could believe her. Almost. And the sound lifted upon the air like bells; joyous and clear. He couldn't help but join in: his deep timbre mixing into the light-hearted affair. There was something about his laughter, too, that just felt different. Just... right. Like he could never have felt this way without Feyre at his side. That much, he knew, was true. She was the key to happiness.

"Oh, the Rift?" He feigned ignorance; smiled with eyes that glinted rogueishly. Her concern was evident and it spread even more feathers of warmth throughout his chest. He lifted a paw from the water of the stream and watched droplets click back into the water. There was a childish demeanor in how he slanted his head; watched the ripples quake. He was comfortable again. "They aren't my pack anymore."

He tipped his gaze back up and met Feyre's. There was something new about how he looked at her now. Something new about the way he spoke. "That was never my home. Not without you, Feyre." He looked back down at the water; suddenly felt a mixture of shame and embarrassment. Added, "We should look for shelter... I can keep watch tonight, if you'd like. Are you hungry?" And his words tumbled; anxious, bashful words.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 07, 2019, 08:24 PM