Blacktail Deer Plateau Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra felt a prickle of relief. The silence hadn't fazed Finley at all. The dark wolf refocused her thoughts on Finley's reply and found herself wondering at how the girl could have explored so much land after having been on the Plateau for such a short amount of time. Yet before her curiosity could surface, a smile crept across her ally's face and Kaihra found her thoughts redirected at the question the grey wolf posed in return.

At first Kaihra found her thoughts blank. The Plateau rose first in her mind, but Finley had explored their lands already, or had simply considered the lands beyond more pressing to explore than her own pack's territory. Deciding the Plateau would be the last place her packmate would want to adventure (even Kaihra admitted the land posed little in terms of excitement), Kaihra drew her eyes to the flatlands below their perch. She wondered where Finley had already been and where she'd yet to go, and decided the flatlands would have been one of the first places she'd have run through. So Kaihra turned her eyes to seek a place further up the horizon. She settled first on a towering mountain whose face stood obscured by the misting rain. Clouds swirled around its pinnacle and hid half its peak from her sight. She fancied it for a moment, but soon shook herself of the idea and dropped her gaze to survey a dense forest growing just beside it. After short consideration she turned her eyes away, flicking her gaze back and forth over the landscape and finding everywhere and nowhere she would go.

So Kaihra turned around, half out of frustration and half because of a deep want to give up and say I'd just explore the Plateau. But as she opened her mouth to speak, she flicked her eyes higher and as her gaze met the mountainous shield that hugged their Plateau in a giant embrace, a sudden satisfaction grew in her chest. "I'd go over the mountain." She said with a nod to the range that formed their back wall. A prickle of fear nipped at her stomach as she wondered what lay on the other side, and if there were wolves back there posing a suggestion much like her own, but she quieted both worries with a twitch of her ear and stopped her mind from wandering further.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 10, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 13, 2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 14, 2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 18, 2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Finley - July 21, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Hold Fast to the Break of Daylight - by Kaihra - July 21, 2014, 04:30 PM