Golden Glade Got a heart like a neon sign
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Briefly, Breccan felt like he was simply the audience to his parents' conversation. He listened intently, with bated breath, as Rannoch and Liffey discussed his own future right in front of him -- and he was reminded that this was exactly why he was doing what he was doing. He appreciated his mother's concern, and was heartened by his father's confidence in him, but no matter what either one of them said, it all boiled down to the fact that he wanted to do things his way. If he stayed here, he would never be given the chance to do that; he would always be within their shadow, and he loved them very much, but he needed to leave.

"This kingdom we've built -- you're a part of it. It will be yours someday," Liffey insisted, and before he had even formulated any words to offer as a response, Breccan found himself shaking his head. He knew that she was referring to the Frostfurs' legacy, and he would continue to bear his parents' name proudly, but this place -- Golden Glade, Frosthawks -- he did not want it. On the other hand, he didn't really know what he did want -- but he was sure that this wasn't it.

"No, Mom. I don't belong here. You might think so, and you might want me to -- but I don't feel like I belong here. I just -- I need to figure myself out. Please understand," he said earnestly. His patience was thinning, but his desire to part on good terms was keeping him from storming out -- for now. "I love you, I'll always be part of the family, and I'll come back -- I promise -- but I need to go."
Messages In This Thread
Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 17, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - June 21, 2019, 09:43 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 24, 2019, 08:50 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - June 26, 2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 27, 2019, 10:57 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - June 27, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 27, 2019, 11:55 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - July 01, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - July 06, 2019, 09:38 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - July 07, 2019, 11:48 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - July 11, 2019, 12:13 PM