Swiftcurrent Creek New waters
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
When she'd asked about him, Paar hadn't expected a life story. Shadow took a seat and motioned for her to do likewise, and she lowered her haunches to perk her tall ears and listen. Truthfully, she found it rather awkward that her pack-mate begun his take right from the start when they'd only just met, but she did not wish to be rude. And so she settled herself her gaze fixed to the story-teller's features.

It was surprising that he'd come from a family who had not appreciated our loved him, when he seemed so naturally sweet. But then she recalled his first reaction to her approach, the way he turned on her so quickly, and figured perhaps that may have linked to his youth somehow.

Paarthurnax was not sorry for his poor upbringing. He'd been shaped and moulded into the creature he had become, and he was not a bad wolf for it. So when Shadow finished his tale, Paar smiled on gratitude.

"Seems you've got worked up quite a story to tell over the years," the crimson wolfess said softly, thumping her tail against the ground. She was not quite prepared to share her own, even though her childhood and early adulthood in Samarkand had been comfortable. "Mine is not nearly as extensive. My mother and father founded a pack that was around for maybe a year or so, but returned to my grandfather's land to claim it when he retired. My siblings - and there are many of them - and I were born there, and the pack had been established for generations. My parents have since moved on, and my brother leads it now. One day, his firstborn will lead in his place."

She did not speak of her elder brother, Alduin, who should rightfully have replaced her father on his retirement. Paarthurnax had not known the firstborn of the Frostfurs, but she couldn't help but wonder if he'd have treated her with greater respect than Sahloknir had. Nita had not kept secrets of her first boy, though she'd always spoken solemnly of him.

"I left to find my own way when I was two years old, and have been studying between packs since. I think I'm here to stay, though, for as long as I can."
Messages In This Thread
New waters - by Shadow - August 02, 2014, 06:31 PM
RE: New waters - by Paarthurnax - August 03, 2014, 07:41 AM
RE: New waters - by Shadow - August 03, 2014, 08:14 AM
RE: New waters - by Paarthurnax - August 03, 2014, 08:31 AM
RE: New waters - by Shadow - August 03, 2014, 09:13 AM
RE: New waters - by Paarthurnax - August 03, 2014, 10:58 AM
RE: New waters - by Shadow - August 04, 2014, 01:53 AM
RE: New waters - by Paarthurnax - August 05, 2014, 11:53 AM
RE: New waters - by Shadow - August 05, 2014, 08:48 PM
RE: New waters - by Paarthurnax - August 06, 2014, 06:17 AM
RE: New waters - by Shadow - August 06, 2014, 07:01 AM