Wheeling Gull Isle xviiii. letting your guard down is honourable
166 Posts
Ooc —
She acquiesced with a gentle smirk, crown dipping once as she slipped past to pad into the forest - his next words causing her features to pinch with concern. 

"The dreams," she answers honestly, soft as silk, though her gaze remained fixed on the trees as they walk abreast, lest he sense her unease. "They are...vivid, foretelling." A grimace graced her features, awaiting a scoff of disbelief to fall from his lips - she's not even sure she can grasp it. 

"My grandam's mother was said to have been a seer," she murmurs, lower than before, in the tones of admission. "Sæla the Sleeper, she was called - for her nightvisions."

"I have seen many a thing but I lack experience in the supernatural. I know not if I think myself to have inherited her gift, if such a thing ever even existed. Mayhaps they are nothing more than dreams."

She fell silent, allowing her mind to wander to her heritage and the folklore of Lirea - wondering if there was any stock to the fables and tales of her people or if it was merely a hyperactive mind, overworked by stress.
"Even princesses and she-wolves bleed."
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
Messages In This Thread
RE: xviiii. letting your guard down is honourable - by Rhælla - August 07, 2019, 03:18 PM