Otter Creek Konk-la-ree
4 Posts
Ooc — Manda
Kittiwake tried to keep up with the details as her guest elaborated on the structure of his name, and revealed that what she had taken to be his first name was in fact a title. Knowing that he was a prince of some kind did explain the wolf's exceptional manners, but as Kittiwake had little understanding of royalty and the significance of bloodlines, it only did so slightly. To her, the rule of a pack belonged to the dominant one who could maintain control and keep things running smoothly, a suite of skills often (but not necessarily) related to ancestry. This Prince business was something to inquire about, but seeking not to interrupt, she simply kept it in mind for later and made a mental note to refer to him by the name that he requested nonetheless.

She was startled by his immediate and marked response to her answer, and rose her brows questioningly. Surely a lone wolf was not such an uncommon occurrence? Was he himself not a wanderer of the wilds? It soon became clear that she had completely misinterpreted his original question, and that he had meant ownership in terms of an individual after all. The idea was simply too foreign to Kittiwake to even be offensive, and she blinked as the gears in her mind chugged away to bring her up to speed and formulate some kind of coherent response. “I'm afraid I don't follow. This Shah of yours... own? I have never heard that used before with regards to anything more than territory.” It irked her a little, as did the way Altair backed off slightly and spoke softly to himself so quietly that Kittiwake could barely make out his words. “What on earth are you talking about?”
Messages In This Thread
Konk-la-ree - by Kittiwake - October 03, 2013, 03:59 PM
RE: Konk-la-ree - by Altair Wolf - October 03, 2013, 04:22 PM
RE: Konk-la-ree - by Kittiwake - October 03, 2013, 04:46 PM
RE: Konk-la-ree - by Altair Wolf - October 03, 2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Konk-la-ree - by Kittiwake - October 03, 2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Konk-la-ree - by Altair Wolf - October 03, 2013, 07:41 PM
RE: Konk-la-ree - by Kittiwake - October 03, 2013, 08:07 PM
RE: Konk-la-ree - by Altair Wolf - October 06, 2013, 11:47 AM