Swiftcurrent Creek i've had my coffee, so let's go
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
It wasn't the Sunspire range she spoke of, nor Mount Apikuni. Bazi did not remember seeing any distant mountains on her trip to Horizon Ridge in that first week, which meant that Tuwawi and Njal's intended home was further away than any territory the young Alpha had even seen. Regular visits would not be an option - not whilst the ranks were fluid and both hers and Scimitar's leadership skills untried. Lately, she had considered relinquishing her role as outrider altogether.

Bazi opened her mouth to protest, but Tuwawi got there first. "The creek looks to you, now. I know your potential. You are a woman and you are strong. Be smart and be proud. Use your head." The girl that was supposed to be smart, proud, and strong all at once couldn't help but smile. It was Shar-Kali reborn, but without the misandry and sharp, biting voice. "You sound like a real mother now," Bazi commented, "Mine would have said that.. but I think I prefer it from you." There was a quality to Tuwawi's warm, low voice that made the spoken wish for Bazi's future as a leader sound like an already proven truth. She was a woman, and she was smart - even if she was often obstinate and in possession of more than one wolf's worth of prejudices.

For the moment, she let these worries go in the form of a long, deep sigh.

"You need to take someone with you," she said, turning to squint into the burning light. It had reached its climax, and would soon burn down to coals. "Or two. Just for a few nights, until the pups are settled and you've fortified some kind of den.." The little general-in-the-making looked back at Tuwawi, scrutinizing the mother's calm, grey eyes. "You're really sure about this?"
Messages In This Thread
i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 01, 2014, 06:52 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 02, 2014, 01:00 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 02, 2014, 02:01 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 03, 2014, 01:33 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 03, 2014, 01:31 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 05, 2014, 02:08 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 05, 2014, 03:07 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 05, 2014, 11:35 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 10, 2014, 08:42 AM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Tuwawi RIP - August 16, 2014, 04:13 PM
RE: i've had my coffee, so let's go - by Bazi - August 17, 2014, 05:33 AM