Porcupine Ridge Discontent is the First Necessity of Progress
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
I was wondering if you could lighten Ellie's language for this thread. I get uncomfortable with too much swearing. Also, it's quite fun when character's think too much, is it not? Mine do that way too much (:

One minute he found himself lost in quiet contemplation, the next tearing across the western field that struck a grassy path to the mountains at the vale's edge. He could still hear the howl ringing in his ears, and Malachi moved with a swift pace despite the roaring of his heart. He ignored the fire that crept over his legs and pressed them on and on, unwilling to slow for the femme who gave the cry. Perhaps if Malachi had noted the delight that laced the howl, he wouldn't have pursued her shout with paws so quick. But the male could only imagine the cry of danger, and the lean male pressed himself on.

Malachi cursed himself when he finally arrived at the peaking rocks and scanned the ground every this way and that with darting eyes. Seconds passed and he hustled his quivering legs around the base of the peaks before pausing to scent at the air. Earthy rock hit his nose, then the coolness of the mountain stone. He concentrated harder and soon noticed a warm smell intermingled with both. Malachi shot open his eyes and tilted back his head to peer toward the top of a nearby peak. A flash of tawny fur signalled the femme's presence and Malachi released the breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding when he saw her safe at the top.

Well, as safe a wolf could be on a mountain ridge.

"Hey! You alright up there?" he howled to her. Concern still laced his face from his previous thoughts of her imminent doom.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
Discontent is the First Necessity of Progress - by Ellie - August 12, 2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Discontent is the First Necessity of Progress - by Malachi - August 12, 2014, 07:16 PM