Great Bear Wilderness BFW: Angel in blue jeans
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Just gonna narrate on an end to this. @Viggo let me know if you mind the powerplay. Ravens can't hurt wolves aside from hitting their eyes, so I'm going with the assumption that they're sort of bluffing about attacking and would hesitate long enough for them to escape. I'm assuming she took out a nameless raven and not an important one. I'll leave it open for 3 days so you can make your final posts if you want to.

Had she been able to fully understand the haughty raven's words, Ptarmigan might have pissed herself laughing, but she only caught snatches from the guttural sounds the raven queen made. Her answer would have been “yes” had she known the question. A wolf's hide was much too thick for the dull beaks of ravens. Wolves intuitively knew that, just as they intuitively knew that hunting moose was stupid and dangerous, even though moose looked like large deer, and they knew that eagles were quite dangerous but swans were not. It was a huge part of why ravens were willing to ally themselves with wolves... Though Ptarmigan didn't think she could bring herself to leave even scraps of kills for these ravens.

Fed up with the menacing circle of carrion eaters, and spurred on by Viggo's own apparent frustration, the female feigned to the left, then whirled on an unsuspecting raven at the left side of the gathering. The bird tried to lift off, but the wolf managed to catch one slow foot in her jaws. With a sharp twist of her head she flung the creature out of the air and onto the ground, where it succumbed quickly to the crush of her jaws as she threw herself atop it.

Her eyes lifted to the raven queen as she growled, hunched over one of her evident followers as its blood leaked from where her teeth had broken through its body. The flock seemed to hesitate at the sight of one of its members dead on the floor, and Ptarmigan took that opportunity to nudge Viggo and pad back the way they had both come.
Messages In This Thread
BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Ptarmigan - July 23, 2014, 01:07 PM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Morrígan - July 23, 2014, 06:04 PM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Ptarmigan - July 24, 2014, 09:21 AM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Morrígan - July 24, 2014, 05:30 PM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Viggo - July 26, 2014, 06:14 PM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Ptarmigan - July 28, 2014, 09:18 AM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Morrígan - July 28, 2014, 02:57 PM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Viggo - July 29, 2014, 11:43 AM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Ptarmigan - July 30, 2014, 09:07 AM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Morrígan - August 05, 2014, 01:46 PM
RE: BFW: Angel in blue jeans - by Ptarmigan - August 16, 2014, 10:08 PM