Wapun Meadow Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say?
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Out came what was like a yowling cat, but distinguished as a small wolf. She knew another came out to play along, but her song had ended! Though that didn't mean Norsamu wouldn't continue her songs, as the other followed through her shanties,
"As I was going to Derby, 'twas on a market day
I met the finest ram, sirs, that ever was fed upon hay!"

Though she didn't want to sing with the unknown calling out to her, so while loudly her singing blared to the skies, she begun to seek the one who desired to follow along her sea tales. 
"That's a lie, that's a lie
That's a lie, a lie, a lie!

This ram and I got drunk, sir, as drunk as drunk could be
And when we sobered up, sir, we were far away out on the sea!"

Golden eyes gleamed as she caught the lil' cat hidden away, searching him out. She was grinning while playing a musical, approaching the earthy-lad. He reminded her of the darken sea, glistening as the moonlight highlighted the beauty, for she admitted he was a dashing lil' one, a sure-win lady killer once older.

"This wonderful old ram, sir, was playful as a kid;
He swallowed the captain's spyglass along with the bo'sun's fid

One morning on the poop, sir, afore eight bells was struck
He climbed up to the sky's I yard an' sat down on the truck

This wonderful ol' ram, sir, he tried a silly trick
He tried to jump a five-barred fence and landed in a rick

This wonderful ol' ram, sir, it grew two horns of brass
One grew out o' his shoulder blade, t'other turned into a mast

An' when this ram was killed, sir, the butcher was covered in blood
Five and twenty butcher boys was carried away the flood

An' when this ram was dead, sir, they buried it in St. Joan's
It took ten men an' an elephant to carry one of its bones!"

Her song had ended while an endearing grin came down to the youngin', as she asked, "Now lad, who be you?"
Sea Shanties
Now we are ready to sail for the Horn
Weigh hey, roll and go!
Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn
To be rollicking randy dandy-O!
Messages In This Thread
Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Norsamu - January 17, 2020, 02:13 PM
RE: Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Ashlar - January 24, 2020, 07:57 PM
RE: Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Norsamu - January 25, 2020, 06:56 PM
RE: Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Ashlar - January 26, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Norsamu - January 26, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Ashlar - January 29, 2020, 10:53 PM
RE: Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Norsamu - February 01, 2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say? - by Ashlar - February 03, 2020, 11:05 PM