Duck Lake if you be my soft and sweet
Honeybee
The tranquility of the lake had been broken the second Honeybee opened his mouth, but even before that, it had been a noisy kind of tranquility. Ducks were not renowned for their silence in the mornings. Amongst them, the young wolf spotted a loon, but before he could skirt the lake in an attempt to get closer to the bird with the most ghostly of songs, his attention was abruptly snatched by a nearby voice.

With ears pinned tall, the boy located the source of the frustrated shout: a grey wolf, certainly older than him, with points of rust and the look of a veteran loner. He wasn't sure that was something to compliment another wolf on, since being a veteran loner was a little bit like being a hobo, but Honey wouldn't have mentioned it even if Kisu had seemed to be in high spirits, which he certainly did not. Perhaps all he needed was a dose of good old-fashioned kindness!

Little did Honeybee know that he wasn't exactly the expert on that particular subject.

"They don't understand insults," he called out cheerfully as he began to trot in the direction of the other wolf, full of faith that he would not be taken unkindly; how could anybody not smile upon meeting him? His mother had always claimed he was very gentlemanly. "I'm Honeybee!" he then said by way of introduction, with tail swaying amiably, almost playfully, in his wake. "Who're you?"
Messages In This Thread
if you be my soft and sweet - by Honeybee - October 06, 2013, 06:36 PM
RE: if you be my soft and sweet - by Kisu - October 08, 2013, 10:04 AM
RE: if you be my soft and sweet - by Honeybee - October 09, 2013, 12:15 PM
RE: if you be my soft and sweet - by Kisu - October 09, 2013, 12:40 PM