Wheeling Gull Isle maybe i should start at the end
42 Posts
Ooc — Nukilik
Short though their conversation was thus far, Nukilik could not help the tired feeling that threaded through her body. She tried to stay focused on Hua as the girl spoke; she had a curious cadence, and the woman felt relief when she looked upon the dark-capped girl's glittering eyes. It was enough to keep her from drifting in to a stupor, or to sleep, at least for a little bit. Nukilik was fortunate to have been found by such kind wolves in the first place.

Back home, I was a hunter. She explains. Every wolf knew how to hunt; it was one of the first things a child is made to learn. Whether it begins with games of tag and tussling with siblings or through watching the adults, hunting is everything (especially to the conclave she has left behind). It does not sound impressive to Nukilik. Our family is -- was -- small. We hunted on the beaches, or gathered fish.

Maybe she was letting her exhaustion get to her, but Nukilik's warm gaze suddenly flooded with shine. The orange of one eye became like liquid amber, the tears lining the bottom of her eye line so quickly that she is shocked by the onset of blurred vision, and sucks in a sharp breath. I'm sorry -- I don't know why I'm... blink blink blink, things clarify, Hua stops being an inky streak in her vision and becomes something more solid. Nukilik sighs and drops her head to the dirt.
Messages In This Thread
maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 11, 2020, 05:20 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 11, 2020, 05:50 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 11, 2020, 06:06 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 11, 2020, 08:41 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 11, 2020, 09:00 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 11, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 12, 2020, 12:39 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 12, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 12, 2020, 01:02 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 12, 2020, 01:59 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 12, 2020, 02:11 PM