Swiftcurrent Creek in remembrance
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java

Having been so preoccupied with his family, and then the missing leader, Njal shouldn't have been surprised when Kaskara introduced herself as a member of the creek. He hadn't recognized her, or noticed how well mixed her scent was with the others upon her pelt - a sure sign of her allegiance. The man let out a huff of annoyance at his own ignorance, and tried to place a friendly smile upon his face; it was hard to look cheerful in the wake of his thoughts, and so the expression dwindled.

I joined before the Fox thing happened. Actually, I don't think I've ever met her. Ah, that made some sense then. He had been busy hunting down the red-furred girl at the time of Kaskara's initiation in to the ranks, then. This thought was enough to alleviate some of Njal's guilt, although... Most of it had nothing to do with the dark girl. The warden gave a nod of acquiescence as if this knowledge made the utmost sense. My mind has been on... Other matters. Forgive me. His gaze traced the rugged outline of the bear figure as he spoke, almost like he was speaking to the girl and to the monument in one breath.

Njal's shoulders sagged a bit and he stared off in to space, seeing and not seeing the grave marker he had built. The weight of the oncoming days had already begun to press upon him. How do you find the creek so far? He piped up, trying to continue the conversation and.. He wasn't sure, really. Make nice? Be friendly? In a few days Njal would be leaving with his family, so making friends was out of the question. Bazi wouldn't be too keen if one of the Sveijarns happened to pull someone out of the creek's ranks.

Messages In This Thread
in remembrance - by RIP Njal - August 05, 2014, 05:36 PM
RE: in remembrance - by Kaskara - August 05, 2014, 10:17 PM
RE: in remembrance - by RIP Njal - August 06, 2014, 01:06 PM
RE: in remembrance - by Kaskara - August 20, 2014, 11:44 AM
RE: in remembrance - by RIP Njal - August 24, 2014, 09:11 PM
RE: in remembrance - by Kaskara - August 26, 2014, 10:03 AM
RE: in remembrance - by RIP Njal - August 27, 2014, 09:43 PM
RE: in remembrance - by Kaskara - September 07, 2014, 07:06 PM
RE: in remembrance - by RIP Njal - September 21, 2014, 02:06 PM
RE: in remembrance - by Kaskara - September 21, 2014, 03:36 PM