Bearclaw Valley it means i'm broken and lame
138 Posts
Ooc —
She spied him through the growth, from behind; a wolf cut from granite and strong and already her mind mistook him for another. Phoebe thought for certain she had found Revui again and how he was a very clever, very slippery sort of company to elude her. Of course, he had his things to keep him busy and she had her things, but nevertheless a familiar stature through spring’s foliage is more than enough to lure her in.

She thought herself sneaky too, at least in the sense that she did not think he would be aware of her trailing him, catching those little snippets of grey where green did not overpower it. It is a playful hunt that set to overtake her, and she wove carefully, cleverly, through all the valley had to offer in the breadth between them.

When the moment seemed right, she set to pounce out, though perhaps not so dramatically as a hunter about to snare its prey; “Hey you!” she announced, only to realize as she spilled out on the path behind him that he is not Revui. She very suddenly did not want to be Phoebe, any more.

Crap.

“Oh, oh no, you’re not who I thought you were,” she said then in some combination of embarrassment and disappointment. “I’m so sorry, I thought you were my friend—” and an awkward laugh left her in that oh wow I hope you weren't doing something important way.
Messages In This Thread
it means i'm broken and lame - by Joaquin - May 18, 2020, 10:44 AM
RE: it means i'm broken and lame - by Phoebe - May 18, 2020, 11:31 PM
RE: it means i'm broken and lame - by Joaquin - May 19, 2020, 06:19 AM
RE: it means i'm broken and lame - by Phoebe - May 27, 2020, 11:18 PM