Firestone Hot Springs mystline
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Ame made an astute observation about the pack's longevity and Koontz replied, "I was surprised myself when I found this land uninhabited. I'm sure it wasn't always the case but, when we—my brother, my friend and I—arrived here and scouted the area, we found no other wolves. They only started arriving after us, as if we'd unwittingly led a caravan here. In fact, many have come from the same place where I was born, strangely enough."

When Ame seemed interested in the titles for fighters, Koontz smiled. She loved to talk about the system that she and Ariston had hatched (pun intended). "The Breathquenchers provide offense, whereas the Leviathorgans offer defense. They are the equivalent of the fighters and guardians, respectively," the young Alpha explained. "Currently, we have one Leviathorgan—my aformentioned brother, Ray—but no Breathquenchers." There was the slightest hint in her voice, as if Koontz wanted to prompt Ame to consider whether she could remedy that situation, should she have the skills for it.

She didn't press any harder than that, though, and she didn't mention the slight disappointment she felt when Ame reported that she intended to go home one day. Her story was not unlike Koontz's; both she-wolves had outgrown the nest, spread their wings and flown the coop. But whereas Koontz did not intend to return home to Flightless Falcons—she intended to start and maintain a life of her own—Ame would one day wander back to where she'd come from.

To tie the two topics together, Koontz asked, "So what skills have you learned since you left your birthplace?" This allowed Ame a chance to share what she'd learned on her time away from her pack and also gave Koontz an opportunity to learn what sorts of skills the dark she-wolf possessed, just in case she ever decided that Dragonwatchers might be a good fit for her until her eventual prodigal return.
Messages In This Thread
mystline - by Amekaze - October 12, 2013, 04:21 AM
RE: mystline - by Koontz - October 15, 2013, 10:51 AM
RE: mystline - by Amekaze - October 15, 2013, 09:42 PM
RE: mystline - by Koontz - October 16, 2013, 10:02 AM
RE: mystline - by Amekaze - October 16, 2013, 09:59 PM
RE: mystline - by Koontz - October 17, 2013, 10:31 AM
RE: mystline - by Amekaze - October 18, 2013, 03:44 AM
RE: mystline - by Koontz - October 19, 2013, 11:31 AM
RE: mystline - by Amekaze - October 20, 2013, 05:22 AM
RE: mystline - by Koontz - October 20, 2013, 05:47 PM
RE: mystline - by Amekaze - October 22, 2013, 03:00 AM