Swiftcurrent Creek goodbye to you
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Sorry for the delay, I'm on vacation! Let me know if I'm assuming too much here, I'm taking up quite a big chunk of time IC.

@Maera Piss, I misread your position, will edit.

One by one, the family emerged. Tuwawi, Njal, but their four little children hesitated - some were more enthusiastic than others. Bazi watched them leave their den for the last time, on their very last morning as Swiftcurrent wolves. Every cell in her body ached.

Had Scimitar not arrived to calm her, Bazi might have broken down - especially when Danica showed up. She kept well away from the gathering, and would not have seen the longing look in the Alpha's eyes - the secret desire to run forward and fall to the ground at Danica's feet, begging her to stay, taking back the horrible, small-minded decision she had made without even really thinking.

"Danica is going with them," Bazi told Scimitar quietly, nudging his cheek in retur. Her voice cracked, and she swallowed hard. The goodbyes would have to be quick.

She looked longingly at the pups, waiting to slather kisses on each of their heads - or at least what she could reach of them. To the distant Maera she whispered "I'll visit" though it was no longer likely that she would.

She didn't know what Danica had told the adults, and for the moment, didn't care. They were leaving, and there was no time to waste. She touched Njal's cheek with her nose. No words, but a long, loaded look and a nod. He would make a fine Alpha. The type of wolf you would expect to be Alpha.

And finally, Tuwawi. She dreaded to think what the fiery mother thought of her now, having taken the advice to 'use her head' and thrown it in the river. Bazi curled herself around the taller woman in a wolfish hug, burying her face in the thick, warm ruff. "I'll miss you most of all."

And then it was time.

Reluctantly, Bazi unfurled herself and took up position next to Scimitar. When the family had departed, the pair of them would need to have a serious talk. Glassy, blue eyes watched as the parents gathered and prepared their children, focusing hard on the pups' faces so that her gaze would not drift to Danica, where it wanted to be. She had made quite a mess of things.
Messages In This Thread
goodbye to you - by Bazi - August 24, 2014, 04:53 AM
RE: goodbye to you - by Tuwawi RIP - August 24, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: goodbye to you - by RIP Njal - August 24, 2014, 07:19 PM
RE: goodbye to you - by Valtyr RIP - August 24, 2014, 07:55 PM
RE: goodbye to you - by Maera - August 24, 2014, 09:45 PM
RE: goodbye to you - by Jökull - August 24, 2014, 10:55 PM
RE: goodbye to you - by Larus - August 25, 2014, 12:01 AM
RE: goodbye to you - by Scimitar - August 25, 2014, 06:01 AM
RE: goodbye to you - by Danica RIP - August 25, 2014, 10:48 PM
RE: goodbye to you - by Bazi - August 27, 2014, 10:59 AM
RE: goodbye to you - by Scimitar - August 29, 2014, 07:42 AM