Stone Circle And I'm still scared of growing old
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Oryx turned her gaze away, though in her perhiperal vision she could see and hear Arlette chew through the root, which she hoped might relax her. Oryx knew that she would then be responsible for Arlette while she weathered the effects, and given the fact that she'd chosen to let none near her, and had not allowed anyone to bury the bodies of her loved ones, if she fell asleep because of the medication...Then Oryx would have to step in and fulfill Arlette's wishes of protecting the bodies until she was ready to part with them. She simply hoped that that might not happen, and that she would not be wedged between the wishes of her first friend, and the others who were ranked above her in the pack. 

She began to eat the fish, and Oryx took a moment to glance at the female, who was still in need of more help than what she'd asked for. She did not look upon the dead, as Oryx was a fearful creature, and did not wish to see their faces. She was silent while Arlette ate, and hoped that it might both strengthen the trust between the two of them, and help relax her. She might feel in a better state once her pain was managed, and hunger satisfied. The quiet persisted between the two for some time, until Oryx gathered her courage and spoke. 

"You don't have to fear; I won't take them away from you." She said softly. "But I would like to tend to your wounds." She said. "I will be gentle; but only if you allow me to come near you." She said, lifting her chin from her paws, but she didn't budge, otherwise; this was Arlette's call, and while she wouldn't touch her deceased loved ones- she did feel that it wouldn't be overstepping if she treated Arlette, in the case that the valerian root made her sleepy.
Messages In This Thread
And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - June 25, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - July 04, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 06:09 AM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - July 05, 2020, 01:54 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 03:27 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - August 05, 2020, 11:24 AM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - August 23, 2020, 09:54 AM