Duskfire Glacier A secret isn't a secret if I know
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
As Jace began to respond, Njal steeled himself against the answer he assumed he would get: that he had been wrong, that Jace's loyalty to Ferdie outshone any inkling of intelligence that the Alpha thought he had. But nothing of that sort came from Jace. In fact, Njal felt a strange kinship with the boy; he was reminded of his far away home in the harsh north and situations such as this arising between his siblings and their father. It had been years since Njal had thought of his kin, and the sudden recollection left him feeling... Strangely empty.

I do my best and I try not to question, but what happens when you have more questions than answers? The boy spoke, and Njal recognized the doubt within him. It was hard to miss. Doubt and youth, which often went hand-in-hand. Njal had forgotten just how young the Beta was. How accomplished he had become, even if it was next to Ferdie. He suddenly felt very old standing before this youth who had surpassed everything his own abilities could muster. -And I hope Njal that it is not too late for me whatever I decide.

Njal was silent for a moment as the words sank in. When he spoke again, the deepness of his voice had taken on a sullen quality and lost the aggression he had been charged with earlier. You will figure things out eventually. It was all he could say. Njal had no answers for the boy, even if he wanted to give them - and that brought a new thought to his mind. If he couldn't help Jace, how could he help any of his children? A sharp breath seemed to slap him out of his thoughts.

The beast was satiated, for now. He just wanted to return to the makeshift den and find consolation in his children.
Messages In This Thread
A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 27, 2014, 03:45 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 27, 2014, 09:16 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 28, 2014, 12:16 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 06:30 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 29, 2014, 06:42 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 07:11 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 29, 2014, 07:23 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 07:36 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 29, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by RIP Njal - August 29, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: A secret isn't a secret if I know - by Jace - August 30, 2014, 08:52 AM