Blacktail Deer Plateau come with me now, i'm gonna show you how.
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Oh yes! :D

Kaihra rolled over on the lukewarm grass until her belly faced the patchwork sky. The sun peeked through the cloudy cover and bathed the land in a ray of glowing intensity. Kaihra closed her eyes and let the sun warm her with its dying heat. Summer was fading, and Autumn approaching; she could feel it in the wind and see it in the darkening days: the air grew cooler and the night fell sooner. Her concern over the pack's failed hunt lingered as a bitter taste in her mouth. How many more failures would they face before winter came?

She rolled onto her side and let the summer noises forge the worry from her mind. The sun disappeared behind a cloud, but she gave it no thought. Its rays would be back. She focused instead on letting each muscle lax into slumber. Her body buzzed as sleep began to drag her into a time of forgetting.

Somewhere on the Plateau, a howl sounded. Close, melodious, and - Kaihra opened her eyes and frowned.

Calling her name.

She lay still for a moment in utter confusion. Then she remembered.

Finley.

The mountain.

The Theta scrambled to her paws. Her worries of autumn and winter were quickly silenced by the lingering echo of Finley's howl and the weight of its lofty tone. Two weeks had come and gone, and she thought Finley had forgotten their deal. How foolish a thought.

Still ripe with the stupor of the onset of sleep, Kaihra stumbled to face the looming mountain with her brows creased in concern. She pawed at the ground and, for a heartbeat, debated her options: heed the call or ignore it. But Kaihra knew she had little choice. She lingered a moment longer and stared at the sky with a look of why me. But she knew it was her own fault they'd be climbing the mountain that day so, heaving a sigh, she loped off in the direction of Finley's howl with a quiver accompanying each and every step.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - August 31, 2014, 05:03 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 01, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 02, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 07, 2014, 10:34 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 11:11 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 14, 2014, 03:58 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 15, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 28, 2014, 01:21 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 29, 2014, 08:04 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 03, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 04, 2014, 05:42 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 12, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 19, 2014, 05:59 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 25, 2014, 05:47 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 25, 2014, 06:08 PM