Honeyed Pasture and the gulls gave me my singing voice
and the gulls gave me my singing voice
60 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
All Welcome 
@Tadashi whenever ur available! hope this works :) lmk if i need to change dates. tag for reference (and for if aimi wants to stop by)
64F, rain, 2pm

yunxu has not done the best job at endearing himself to the locals. it’s hardly all his fault. owlglass’ endless smiling, the woman on the cliff bearing down before he could even apologize for entering unclaimed territory – he has a temper, to be sure, but none of them are helping.

what also isn’t helping is remembering he killed someone.

if there’s a time to leave the sea – much as he hates it – this would be it. it’s not duty that carries him away from the shore as much as the memory of stone crumbling away into empty space. so he leaves @Aimi wherever she is along the coast – further ignoring her instructions to rest – and ventures inland.

there are no cliffs here, but there is plenty of water. the rain continues on, and there’s no shelter in this meadow. just an endless sea of long grass. the smell of salt on the wind is nearly gone; when yunxu looks back over his shoulder, all he can see behind him is grey fog.

the temptation comes immediately to turn back.

yunxu grips it by the scruff of the neck. his shoulder pulsing with a second heartbeat, chin ducked down against his chest, he trudges onwards, doing his level best to think of nothing beyond the pain and the water dripping down over his coat, already miserable but refusing to stop.

sequoia coast
english | mandarin
Messages In This Thread
and the gulls gave me my singing voice - by Yunxu - August 17, 2020, 02:40 AM
RE: and the gulls gave me my singing voice - by Tadashi - August 17, 2020, 09:36 AM
RE: and the gulls gave me my singing voice - by Yunxu - August 17, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: and the gulls gave me my singing voice - by Tadashi - August 19, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: and the gulls gave me my singing voice - by Yunxu - August 19, 2020, 10:04 PM
RE: and the gulls gave me my singing voice - by Tadashi - August 21, 2020, 12:01 PM
RE: and the gulls gave me my singing voice - by Yunxu - August 23, 2020, 10:39 PM