Raven's Watch palid face of the unchildlike child
2 Posts
Ooc —
@Nuiruk Hope it's alright that I started smth for them!

The breaking of Aokatti plodded just behind them like a yoked ox. 

Its hot breath on her calves, the sour and metallic stink of its waste in her nose, her mouth. Whenever a cloud wiped away the sun, a rat disappeared just centimetres from her teeth, when a twig gave way under her weight and sent the birds flying -- she began to feel more and more certain that they were cursed forever. The overlook sneered at them under the brim of its stone hat. More and more certain that when they passed a tree, the remaining leaves dropped, and rot devoured the bark into stringy, fleshy white.

She wanted to spit and shake her fist at the sky and shout, when will it be enough? Thinking, poor Nuiruk, and at the same time thinking damn Nuiruk! Coward, if it hadn't been for her I'd be Tartok with the rest of them. 

Turning back to look at Nuiruk's exhausted face, shame riddling her up on the inside to the moments before a sinkhole collapse, Nauja finds herself overcome with nothing but love and a distant rage.

Malguk, she splits the quiet, but lets it return and stretch on until it's stretched so thin you would see right through it to the words on the other side, I'm sorry, I love you, I'll protect you, but all she says is ...never mind.
Messages In This Thread
palid face of the unchildlike child - by Nauja - November 13, 2020, 11:40 PM
RE: palid face of the unchildlike child - by Nuiruk Malguk - November 14, 2020, 10:06 PM
RE: palid face of the unchildlike child - by Stjornuati - November 14, 2020, 11:44 PM
RE: palid face of the unchildlike child - by Nauja - November 15, 2020, 12:11 AM
RE: palid face of the unchildlike child - by Nuiruk Malguk - November 16, 2020, 07:30 AM
RE: palid face of the unchildlike child - by Stjornuati - November 16, 2020, 10:12 PM