Greatwater Lake The Great Skua
the iron captain
53 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Editing in an ending.

"As do I, Akantha." Greyjoy knew her impatience only too well; it was a physical pain to be parted from the sand and surf, only lessened with the knowledge of their fast-approaching journey's end. He hid a soft smile at her words in a bite of fish, which was his last. He stood and copied her movements, offering the remnants of the animal back to the water. He did not join Akantha in the depths, however; he simply took a sip of the refreshing liquid from the shore.

And nearly choked at her words.

With a cough, Greyjoy turned toward the adept and wondered at her brazenness. It was not unheard of for a matriarch to choose a hoplite, but it was usually the epivitoras that she chose during the rituals. There had been no talk of his rank changing, though of course Aktaiê would not speak to him of such things quite yet. They had not reached their destination, and of course their male numbers were small. He swallowed, taking a steadying breath before answering, "I had not thought to be honored this season, Adept. Of course, if it is Aktaiê's wish that I take part in her ritual, I shall consider it my sacred duty."

They spoke for a few minutes more, and then were called back to Aktaie's side at the first sign of dusk. Greyjoy wondered what would happen when the ritual approached, but shook it from his mind. It would be the Mother's choice, not his, and he would obey as he had been taught.
Messages In This Thread
The Great Skua - by Akantha - August 25, 2014, 03:03 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Greyjoy Orkwood - August 25, 2014, 04:45 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Akantha - August 25, 2014, 05:38 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Greyjoy Orkwood - August 25, 2014, 10:46 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Akantha - August 25, 2014, 11:11 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Greyjoy Orkwood - August 25, 2014, 11:32 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Akantha - August 26, 2014, 08:28 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Greyjoy Orkwood - August 30, 2014, 11:23 PM
RE: The Great Skua - by Akantha - September 06, 2014, 01:52 AM
RE: The Great Skua - by Greyjoy Orkwood - September 07, 2014, 09:55 PM