The Sunspire like the stars miss the sun.
i am the storm.
373 Posts
Ooc — Stevie

Summer felt helpless as his packmate responded to his words. He could tell that she truly desired to help him, which served only to make him feel ever more terrible than he already did. He did his best not to let onto this, however. The last thing he wanted was for her to know how awful her sympathy made him feel, for he simply couldn't stand the fact that what he went through caused anyone else any sort of pain. He could handle his own hurt, but to think he was causing hurt to others was often too much for the poor boy's heart to bear.

Slowly, he peeled back his eyelids to reveal sunny yellow orbs that landed upon Ame's dark face. Her advice was not unwelcome, but Little Levi could not fathom a way to ever escape this curse he had carried since his mother had died. What she said made sense to him, but the ability to find the motivation to move at all was most days a chore in itself. He nodded all the same, though, and gave her a weak smile.

"I'm willing to try anything," Summer replied softly, "My Dad used to ask healers at different packs we came across when we traveled together if they knew of any cure. We tried their suggestions when they were given." He cast his gaze down to the grass that shot up between his paws and began to shake his head. Nothing had really seemed to work. And then there was the one group of wolves who had offered to exorcise the demons that dwelled inside of him. Dhani had been furious. An old man he may have been, but there was nothing like the fury of an Ostrega when provoked. Summer gave an involuntary shudder and gave himself a little shake to release some of his nerves as best as he could.

"Maybe... Maybe sometime we could try sparring?" the boy asked, his eyes round and wide with hope, "I've never done that sort of thing before... My dad thought it would be too much stress for me. But... if it might help, I'll give it a shot." He doubted he would be any good at it, and a tight clench in the pit of his stomach reminded him that he would probably be sick with nervousness over the simple act of trying something new with someone he wasn't altogether fully comfortable with yet. But Summer felt guilty for what she had seen and what he was putting her through. He felt that he owed it to her to let her try and help him, if that was what she really wanted.

</style>
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
Messages In This Thread
like the stars miss the sun. - by Summer Ostrega - August 04, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Amekaze - August 07, 2014, 12:00 AM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Summer Ostrega - August 08, 2014, 08:07 PM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Amekaze - August 11, 2014, 01:18 AM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Summer Ostrega - August 11, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Amekaze - August 20, 2014, 02:15 AM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Summer Ostrega - August 20, 2014, 07:28 PM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Amekaze - August 27, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Summer Ostrega - August 28, 2014, 08:01 PM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Amekaze - September 05, 2014, 01:36 AM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Summer Ostrega - September 08, 2014, 08:12 AM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Amekaze - September 13, 2014, 03:16 AM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Summer Ostrega - September 13, 2014, 07:26 PM
RE: like the stars miss the sun. - by Amekaze - September 17, 2014, 01:14 AM