Herbalists' Cache though winter be a brittle beast
21 Posts
Ooc — Killi
thank you! <3 i absolutely love that Aerin is part saluki!

Had there not been a winter tempest unleashing her rage all around him, Lovecraft could easily have moved along, avoiding the possibility of confrontation, of having his diminuative meal coveted. But he needed rest; even his arctic blood, proud of it though he was, could not stave off the weakening of his muscles and the cold pain in his bones. 

The smell of wolf blood had put him at ease, though, regarding the situation. A wounded canine could probably harm him less than one of full health. His ear canted to the soft hymn of greeting that came from within the burrow, just as a fresh and violent gust swept into him. He had to raise his voice when he responded to her, an oddity for the softspoken man.

"Hey, can I... Can I come in there?" He was surprised by his own words, by their bluntness and urgency. He lowered his head and crept toward the entrance to the den, his footsteps slow and unsteady beneath the burden of the icy wind. 

when he spoke again, his voice had regained some of its softness, as he was closer to her and could speak directly into the mouth of the cavern. "I won't hurt you. I have some food." Now that he had begun to accept the severity of the weather, Love was glad he had the rabbit to bargain with.
Messages In This Thread
though winter be a brittle beast - by Necahual - January 02, 2021, 12:48 AM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Lovecraft - January 03, 2021, 01:41 PM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Necahual - January 05, 2021, 06:32 AM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Lovecraft - January 08, 2021, 08:18 AM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Necahual - January 09, 2021, 12:41 AM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Lovecraft - January 17, 2021, 07:48 AM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Necahual - January 18, 2021, 09:12 PM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Lovecraft - January 24, 2021, 04:51 PM
RE: though winter be a brittle beast - by Necahual - January 25, 2021, 08:59 PM