Ouroboros Spine i will breathe you in the smoke
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The burn in her lungs and legs was welcome as Ptarmigan scoured the mountainside, looking for something to take her mind off the recent turmoil.

It was proving difficult for the Endore to rally this pack to her side. Though it should have been obvious, she failed to see how these supposed wild wolves could not be inspired by her conquering the pack. It was natural to follow the fittest, and had she not proven herself to be through her successes?

Of course, she didn't account for feelings, despite having many herself. She drowned them out in exercise, hence climbing the mountains. Though they were stout and numerous around the valley and seemed to rise out of the land like lone sentinels among thousands of trees, they were still taxing, and by the time she reached the top, she was breathing hard.

That breath caught in her throat when she noticed Mordecai not far away, seemingly savouring the view. She looked out over the basin herself, following his gaze, but only found the lake to be splendid. The rest was monotonous pine forest. It was ancient and no doubt mysterious, but she lacked an appreciation for old things that many others had.

She approached him slowly, her tail rigidly raised, for she was still unsure where they stood with one another. Once in earshot, she decided to begin with a question, seemingly out of the blue. It had been on her mind for some time, though, and the only others with the answer, she either could not find or could not trust. “Should I be concerned about Cara and Kaname? Although I have allowed them to keep their Beta status, they do not advise or consult me, and seem aloof.” They all seemed aloof, she realized. Maybe it was part of their "badass" act.
Messages In This Thread
i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 10, 2014, 12:10 AM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 17, 2014, 02:08 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 18, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 03:20 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 06:48 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 07:52 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 08:35 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 08:45 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 09:08 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 09:19 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Ptarmigan - September 21, 2014, 09:45 PM
RE: i will breathe you in the smoke - by Mordecai - September 21, 2014, 10:16 PM