Sequoia Coast Is the love worth the pain?
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
The reaction is perfectly fine with me, I can roll with it! As for the location, I guess I can roll with that too... but isn't Ravensblood Forest kinda far away from SB? I don't have the greatest handle on the map though, so maybe I'm misjudging where SB is? ;__;

The forest around him had stirred with life in his time waiting, though the fog had yet to burn completely off beneath the canopy cover. Even with winter approaching in a matter of weeks, the birds still rose strongly every morning with song. Mordecai wondered if that would cease when the winter winds bore down, but also supposed he would find out just as soon. With the scenery flush against him, he watched into the foliaged depths as to whether or not he would catch sight of Verrine. It may have been easier for him to call for his brother, true, but he had never been one to draw the attention of others. Howls carried too far, were too subject to being intercepted and the last thing that Mordecai wanted was unwelcome visitors.

Which, for all intents and purposes, he was.

And as it were, a figure materalized through the terrain before him. It was not his brother that he hoped to see, but a feminine figure steadily loping. She had spotted him long before he had spotted her, and he shifted in his seat uncomfortably as she drew near. A pretty creature, but also a strong one if he was willing to bet any wager; it was in the way she carried herself… and also the way the displeasure on her face punctuated the few moments of silence left between them. What she said brought instant confusion to his face, but also a spark of smoldering anger that had not been left behind at the Spine. He bridled it appropriately though, deferring his gaze away from her. But he was tense, on the ready to beat a hasty retreat on the chance that she was probably not alone.

It was however, the bit about Julooke that punctured that same deference; Mordecai dared to at least keep one eye on her out of interest. “You think that I'm that wolf?” he asked, quietly. He had been aware that someone had assaulted Julooke, though Verrine had been unable to give him any real details about the fellow. Fair-haired, smelled of the Spine; at the time it could have matched a fair portion of any of their stock. But now that was unlikely, and he had never heard any more of it. “No wolf like that lives at the Spine. I came here for my brother, Verrine.” The confidence in his voice implied that he felt she'd know who he was, but maybe she wouldn't. Stranger things had certainly happened.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
Is the love worth the pain? - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Mordecai - September 22, 2014, 03:28 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 03:38 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Mordecai - September 22, 2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Mordecai - September 22, 2014, 05:12 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Mordecai - September 22, 2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 06:19 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Mordecai - September 22, 2014, 07:16 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 07:33 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Mordecai - September 22, 2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Is the love worth the pain? - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 08:07 PM