Blacktail Deer Plateau Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting)
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Edited with some fast internal thoughts. Just wanted to get them down before the meeting continues tomorrow.

Kaihra had lingered a little closer to the meeting site that day. Her mind still churned with Peregrine's announcement, and she found herself near useless at any task she'd tried to set her paws to. Her ears remained pricked and alert, but not for prey or hostile outsiders. Instead she listened for the howl she knew would light the air at any moment, to give assurance to their future or to deliver grim news of their disbanding. Kaihra did not know how many had left after Peregrine's departure, but she knew any upset in the ranks had potential to throw the land into chaos.

To the dark woman, the situation only brought confusion. Peregrine's motives perplexed her, and his actions and words seemed to contradict. He claimed to care for them, but then why had he left with such abruptness? If he had wanted the Plateau to follow, then they would have followed, but Peregrine seemed intent on forming a pack without their presence there.

These thoughts filled her mind, but when the howl finally came, Kaihra found herself ready and sprinted toward the gathering wolves. She could still smell Peregrine's lingering scent on the bushes and trees, but she pushed him from her mind as she entered the meeting site. She felt a momentary surprise at how empty it stood and she let her gaze dance briefly over the two young wolves who had been the first to gather. She knew neither and began to pace toward the outskirt of the clearing, but then paused, hesitating. Whatever her confusion and fear, wasn't now a better time than ever to stand as one? Unease pricked her through and through as she turned back toward the young girls, but diverted her path and sat nearer them, giving them both a small nod before dipping her head to Dante and Blue Willow who waited at the head.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Dante RIP - October 05, 2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Saēna - October 05, 2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Blue Willow - October 06, 2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Kaihra - October 06, 2014, 11:00 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Amelie - October 07, 2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Osprey - October 08, 2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Finn - October 08, 2014, 06:47 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Dante RIP - October 10, 2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Osprey - October 13, 2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Blue Willow - October 13, 2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Saēna - October 13, 2014, 05:10 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Kaihra - October 15, 2014, 12:15 AM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Dante RIP - October 16, 2014, 08:13 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Osprey - October 17, 2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Blue Willow - October 18, 2014, 12:16 PM
RE: Let it be - (Mandatory Pack Meeting) - by Saēna - October 19, 2014, 01:05 PM