in some sad way i already know
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Works for me! <3 Also weird post is weird because I'm fighting sleep and regaining my sobriety... don't wanna go to bed until I've seen the eclipse. :C

The fog curled around him like an unseen hand. The grasp of it was imperceptible to the tawny Ostrega as he made his way through the wooded terrain. Silence greeted him early in the day, but it greeted him most times. The troubles of the Spine sunk well to the bottom of his mind like long forgotten sediment, though in reality it was all but forgotten. It became the norm with a certain fluidity, and his scouring of the borders had not turned up much in the way of bodies.

A sigh raked itself out of him, a certain weariness threatening to inhabit his being. He kept it at bay by remaining busy, by clutching the scarce threads of hope that remained to an otherwise threadbare path. He had gotten used to these rounds as a solo sentinel, but even he found the itch for company to be an aggravating specimen. As it were in his listless bend at the natural curve of the terrain, he did not have to travel for long in the fringes of the Spine. A howl rose on the weak wind, and in spite of it being distorted he tread towards it without much question or pause for listen.

On the outskirts of the Spine, he found her in her dark pallor. A shadowy pit against the haze; the low lighting gave her a more dramatic flair than he could have pulled off. “Caiaphas,” Mordecai murmured, more for himself than anything. But a smile rose to ward off his stoicism, and he adjusted his approach accordingly to greet her properly. A light wave of his tail, he was truly surprised to see her again. Their meeting, for however queer it had been, had left an impression on him he had yet to shake. “What brings you here?” He thought of her talk of her sisters at the coast, and perhaps on a interior level hoped she had left them in favor to reconsider his constructed offer.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 07:35 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 08, 2014, 03:26 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 09, 2014, 07:51 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 13, 2014, 12:03 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 14, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 16, 2014, 09:23 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 18, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 23, 2014, 11:57 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 27, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 12:30 AM