Blacktail Deer Plateau come with me now, i'm gonna show you how.
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Forgive me. I know nothing about climbing mountains D:

Kaihra found her statement met with a quicker pace, and took a moment to pull herself up to speed. She felt a small churning at the rising ground that flashed by her paws. She would have kept the slow climb all the way across the mountain range, but she could see the advantage in moving quicker now despite her desire to do anything but. Jogging along the easier ground could half their time in reaching the hardest climb and give them ample daylight to pull through the more perilous paths.

But as they travelled, the patchy sky filled with a light layer of clouds that blocked the sun from sight. Kaihra searched for the orb's position with increasing difficulty as the day ebbed on, and soon she turned her face from the sky altogether. She trained her frustration on the stony path instead and tried not to wonder how much daylight they had left.

Kaihra felt grateful at Finley's decision to rest, but she remained standing, knowing if she sat now she'd never be able to make herself move again. Finley spoke, and Kaihra turned with the ashen girl to survey the land they'd left behind - and pulled in a sharp breath at the sprawling land that met her. The flatlands stretched on an on, giving way to mountain and then flatland again. The Plateau's scenic view could not compare to this, and she lifted her head trying to catch sight of their territory below. She hadn't realized how far they'd climbed, and the dark woman felt a strange tingle through her nerves she'd not felt in many moons.

Finley's voice cut her from her thoughts and she turned, resting her gaze on the ashen girl. Though glad for the rest, she felt ready to keep moving, not willing to spare the daylight they had left. She felt surprised Finley would hand her the reigns to lead, but responded with a light nod. Taking confidence she could choose the path for the hardest climb, Kaihra suppressed the dangerous tingle she still felt within and lifted her gaze to the land before them. She first sought out the pass they aimed to travel through, but could not see it over the rise and fall of the land. In fact, the dark girl could see no clear-cut path across the range at all, and could not anticipate when a gentler slope would turn to jagged rocks or a dead end. She knit her brows and turned the other direction, but as she did so flicked her gaze briefly to the sky. The clouds loomed dark overhead and hung thick with the threat of rain. Kaihra frowned and felt an uneasy stir. The last thing they needed was a rainstorm.

The threat of a storm prompted Kaihra to turn left again in search of a path that looked to be their safest bet. She remembered how the Western range had looked gentler from the Plateau, and the dark woman glanced back at Finley with a nod at the path to take. "Let's head West." Maybe they could find an easy trail between the peaks, or a different pass not too far from where they wandered now. Anything that would get them across the mountain range in the quickest time, and before the storm clouds marched over their heads. She began the trek forward at a slower pace, leading them along a shallow dip in the land that boasted a small rock barrier to protect them from the mountainside's steep slope.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - August 31, 2014, 05:03 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 01, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 02, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 07, 2014, 10:34 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 11:11 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 14, 2014, 03:58 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 15, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 28, 2014, 01:21 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 29, 2014, 08:04 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 03, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 04, 2014, 05:42 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 12, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 19, 2014, 05:59 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 25, 2014, 05:47 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 25, 2014, 06:08 PM