Two Rivers Isle Last night I smoked a cigarette
24 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Marrying for other reasons beyond betrothals for power? That sounded so foreign to Goliad, like a pipe dream. The thought was so hard to wrap his mind around! He had never felt strongly for anyone; not for his parents, not for his siblings, not for any of the women paraded through their camps, or for his own would-be wife. At the same time as feeling alienated by the concept, Goliad was surprised by how open he was to it. It felt freeing in a way he had never considered before - to marry for the sake of the marriage, or to seek a partner oneself, rather than having one arranged for you... It was worth looking at, and studying.

The man had lots to say about his wife. These little moments gave Goliad a lot more than one might think. He had learned the name of the wife through this conversation, and that she was meek-willed as any women, but that she was empowered by her attachment to Ulrich. And he saw no fault in this! That was the strangest part, thought Goliad.

You tell me not to share your romanticism with your people, yet you admit to doing the bidding of your wife? It was confusing!

Goliad did not know what to say, so he redirected things.

I was... betrothed. I was meant to marry a woman, but she did not care for it, and I did not either. That is why I am so far from the Sandsea - she wished for her freedom and I saw no reason to keep it from her. But it also served Goliad in that way, and he was able to distance himself from his father. They used one-another for their own gains and that was the end of their relationship.

But that is the past, now! I am here. My histories will be your histories.
Messages In This Thread
Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 01:34 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 01:38 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 01:50 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 01:59 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 02:13 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 02:22 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 02:36 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 02:42 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 02:55 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Goliad - January 06, 2023, 03:02 AM
RE: Last night I smoked a cigarette - by Ulrich - January 06, 2023, 03:32 AM