Firestone Hot Springs i live for the applause
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie

As the warmth of the springs seeped into her bones, Jinx felt herself cleansed of worries, if any had existed at all. The heat that pierced into her represented the characteristics of the bloodstone itself entering her body, invigorating her... Reminding her of her true purpose, as the spectral wolverine had intended for her to do. She could have been content to remain there all day in the embrace of the hot springs, infused with the power of the heliotrope, but there were matters to attend to on the coast that would require her eventual return.

She had hoped, at least, for it to be eventual, but as the sound of heavy footfalls pulled her attention back and made her turn her head in the direction of the disturbance, Jinx was struck with the feeling that eventual might be sooner than she had hoped.

The woman striding toward her was familiar. Of course she was; Jinx had momentarily had her memories of Bon Dye jostled, but they had since pieced themselves back together. The approaching female was Hawkeye, the hefty black phase Mackenzie Valley wolf whom Jinx had once ranked highest amongst her subordinates, excluding Lecter and Kerberos, of course. The woman had fit in to Bon Dye as though she had been made for it, and it for her. Blood rituals had appeared to be something that Hawkeye would have enjoyed leading... But Jinx had never been around long enough to find out.

She would have been most shocked to know this particular wolf's feelings toward her and her religion now, having seen her become so embalmed in it when Jinx had led Bon Dye.

However, for the present time, she was unaware of any ill feelings. She remained in the pool, but she moved along its edge to place its centre between herself and Hawkeye, whose direct approach was more than uncomfortable to the primal Jinx within. Her posture remained that of a wolf more-or-less relaxing, though there was tension at having her power bath interrupted. A questioning tilt of her head downward conveyed both her familiarity and her greeting to her former subordinate, and everything about her showed that she expected no trouble.

Not from Hawkeye, who had been so readily accepting of Bon Dye's religion that Jinx truly thought she was a wolf of Sos, and would not discredit her reason for leaving as easily as Pied had.

Messages In This Thread
i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 18, 2013, 02:21 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 18, 2013, 02:36 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 18, 2013, 03:35 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 18, 2013, 04:53 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 19, 2013, 10:22 AM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 19, 2013, 12:01 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 19, 2013, 01:55 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 19, 2013, 02:26 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 19, 2013, 02:42 PM