lenore
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
I figured I'd assume that Ignatius exchanged names with Mordecai/Cara, so if it's not OK with you, I'll edit! *sneaks in posts when she should be getting ready for work* <3

As the days turned shorter and shorter, Mordecai felt the urgency to push himself more. The Spine had continued to hang on if only by a thread, and he made it a sharp point to try and retain all that they were gathering. If he had to guess, he believed winter was only a few weeks away, lingering to the north of them like a sinister predator waiting for the right moment to strike. Whether or not it would tear them all asunder and plunge them below to dire depths he did not want to explore was beyond him. It was likely, and it had always been likely.

Making his rounds through the territory, he had picked up on the scent of one of their newer recruits. One that he hoped would last. The sun was setting, leaving the basin-like terrain of the Spine plunged into early darkness; the sky above retained an almost eerie, lengthy twilight in turn. It was that twilight that aided Mordecai in finding Ignatius, though the taller canine stood out against the darkening surroundings well. The tawny Ostrega chuffed at him lightly, closing in the distance between them from behind at an increasingly leisure pace.

“How are you settling?” Mordecai found the words were quiet and soft, a turn from how he had felt in days past. It cost far too much energy to be upset and angry with things, and he was discovering this the hard way. The upheavals in their past were things that he wanted to keep directly in the past, and that meant clutching a much different view than the pessimism that had blanketed him for weeks upon weeks.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
lenore - by Ignatius - October 13, 2014, 12:17 PM
RE: lenore - by Mordecai - October 14, 2014, 12:41 PM
RE: lenore - by Ignatius - October 15, 2014, 07:49 AM
RE: lenore - by Mordecai - October 17, 2014, 12:58 AM